10 Picturesque Locations To Pop The Question In Columbia and St. Louis Apr 23
A marriage proposal is an immense life-event which demands careful consideration, and it can be challenging to plan, coordinate, and execute. Where you propose to your loved one is significant and can add meaning, romance, and “wow-factor” to the moment. Ideally, the location will be a place that creates lifelong memories and stories to share with family and friends. Ready to pop the question or know someone who is? We have compiled a list of romantic locations in St. Louis and Columbia Missouri.
If you reside in the St. Louis area, consider these terrific spots that will make picturesque backdrops for the perfect proposal:
- Emerson Grand Basin at Forest Park – Features eight fountains that are running year-round, Art Hill, and beautiful architecture at the St. Louis Art Museum. Forest Park offers many scenic and gorgeous photographic settings and backdrops.
- Missouri Botanical Gardens – Features 79 acres of horticultural display and a 14-acre Japanese strolling garden, the Missouri Botanical is the nation’s oldest botanical garden in continuous operations. It isn’t difficult to find a quiet, romantic spot to pop the question in this National Historic Landmark.
- Shaw Nature Reserve – Features many trails for hiking and biking, access to the Meramec River, and an abundance of gorgeous flowers and plants. Considering the variety of breathtaking natural features, executing a genuinely unique proposal should be relatively easy.
- Castlewood Bluffs – Features hiking/biking trails, horseback riding trails, swimming, fishing and most importantly, absolutely stunning bluff-views of the Meramec River. There are many unique, and exciting spots to propose at Castlewood Bluffs.
- The Gateway Arch – Features the Gateway Arch National Park at the base of the monument with breathtaking views of the arch from the ground up. Tremendous views of downtown St. Louis at the top of the gateway. Wow-factor is not a problem with either of these two features. You’re sure to remember this proposal for the rest of your lives.
Columbia also offers a variety of top-notch spots for consideration:
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards and Restaurant – Features stunning views of the Missouri River valley atop the “Blufftop” look-out, a quaint feel around the A-frame, and a gorgeous interior at the main-floor of the restaurant for a more traditional proposal. Just a few miles outside of Columbia, Les Bourgeois has something marvelous and romantic for every proposal scenario.
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park – Features many scenic trails, charming wooden walkways, several caves and rock formations, including Devil’s Icebox. Rock Bridge Memorial State Park is a staple to Columbia and a perfect romantic getaway for enthusiasts and outdoor-lovers alike.
- Stephens Lake Park – Features 116 acres of natural beauty including two man-made waterfalls, a peaceful lake, nearly two miles of hard-surfaced walkways, Reichman Pavilion (an indoor pavilion with a kitchen and bathrooms) and an amphitheater. Any individual feature at Stephens Lake Park will make for stunning photos and remarkable proposal stories.
- The Columns at Mizzou – Features the six iconic columns that were once a part of Academic Hall, Francis Quadrangle which harbors both natural features and architectural sights of the University, as well as compelling sculptures. The columns could be an ideal place to pop the question if you and your partner both attended Mizzou or are Columbia natives!
- Shelter Gardens – Features 5 acres of peaceful trees, plants and flowers, a quaint 19th-century replica schoolhouse, a waterfall and pond, a reflection pool, a sensory garden for the blind, and a cozy gazebo. Even with only 5 acres of space, it’s hard NOT to find yourself amidst a gorgeous photo backdrop!
The romantic options are plentiful in both Columbia and St. Louis, however, be sure you do sufficient research and know why you are choosing a particular location. My Beautiful Adventure has a short list of things to consider when selecting which location you will pop the question. Also check out The Plunge, and their article about choosing a spot that is both practical and safe, as these are both factors to keep in mind.
After you’ve popped the question and have a wonderfully romantic story to tell, you may need help with locations to officially tie-the-knot. We can help with those as well! Our venues page has a few of the local wedding venues we utilize on a regular basis for wedding ceremonies and receptions.